WELCOME TO NAVPLG
Plug into your peer network of city, county, and other local government volunteer managers.Click here for more about us...
Make a tax-deductible donation.DONATE TODAY!NAVPLG is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
GET IN TOUCH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Visit our contact page
NAVPLG Announces a new Board of Directors for the 2023-2024 year!NAVPLG BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTED 2023-2024
The National Association of Volunteer Programs in Local Government (NAVPLG) convened its annual meeting and board elections online on June 21, 2023, nationwide. The organization is pleased to announce that the following members have been elected to serve for the coming year 2023-2024:
- President: Roxanne Flores, City of Copperas Cove, Texas
- Past President: Mary Lynn Perry, M.A., City of Sacramento, California
- Vice President: Michal D. Harris, MBA, Arkansas Baptist College, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Secretary: Kay Pelt-Walker, MPA, CVA, Leon County, Florida
- Treasurer/Finance: Manuel Moreno, County of Los Angeles, California
- Membership Chair: Jeannine Purdy, MSW, County of Fairfax, Virginia
- Awards Chair: Tara Waters, MPA, City of Raleigh, North Carolina
- Education Chair: Marcia Hale, CVA, City of Hillsboro, Oregon
- Marketing & Technology Chair: Tony Richardson, CVA, County of San Diego, California
- E-Newsletter Chair: Melissa A. Heinlein Storti, PhD, CAVS, US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC
- Social Media Chair: Kelley Uber Sterner, M.Ed., Gwinnett County, Georgia
- NACo Liaison: Miranda Morvay, National Association of Counties, Washington, DC
- Deirdre Araujo, Exploratorium Museum of Science, Art, and Human Perception, San Francisco, California;
- Deborah L. Macon, MBA, Greater West Bloomfield Cable Communications Commission, West Bloomfield, Michigan;
- Karen Sykes, MPA, City of Little Rock, Arkansas
- Committee Associate: Kandy LeMoine CVA, City of Farmington, New Mexico
NAVPLG is the leading national association of directors, managers, and administrators of volunteer programs in city, county, and other local governments. The organization aims to strengthen volunteer programs through leadership, education, advocacy, networking, and information exchange. Founded in 1997, NAVPLG members nationwide are ready to share information about relevant issues and trends with others in our field.
NAVPLG focuses exclusively on the unique needs of volunteer programs within the structure of local governments. Challenges and issues for volunteerism in municipalities and counties can differ substantially from those in private nonprofit volunteer programs.
NAVPLG offers resources and expertise to local government officials. The association promotes how volunteerism can strengthen our diverse programs by sharing best practices, training, and networking opportunities. We focus on representing our members to both volunteer and government organizations.
Citizen participation is essential to the vitality of local governments. Board of Directors, representatives, chairs, committee associates, and members form close-knit, working relationships to magnify the social return on volunteer engagement and network with local government officials to strengthen the volunteer workforce and supplement the diverse programs that nourish and fortify our communities. NAVPLG welcomes active participation by NAVPLG members to serve on the Board of Directors. Open positions include Nomination chair and committee associates. If you are interested in serving, please contact NAVPLG President Roxanne Flores at email@example.com
For more information about NAVPLG, visit: www.navplg.org